Thursday, November 08, 2007

Online Dating at its Best & Worst

My new friend L told me about PlentyofFish.com -- a free online dating service. In the past, I've tried Match.com, Yahoo Personals and eHarmony, so I thought a free one sounded pretty good.

I created a basic profile yesterday. I've already gotten a dozen or so messages. Some seem nice and normal, but others....well, I'll let you judge for yourself:

Bachelor #1: "You are looking at the light coming from your screen, reading my words on the inside you begin to realize that something feels very different. There is a real feeling of curiosity and you want to know the answer. And the question is why is this so interesting. Why you Desire more? You are just so bored with all the others. They are so predicable and easy. Don't stop wondering and you may discover so much more."

Bachelor #2: "A position is opened in sweetheart department, send your resume to apply for it! --Love Administration"

Bachelor #3: "Hello, i am a great guy, i love to have lots of fun. Yes, i am genuine, classy, and romantic. I love going to the movies, dining, lil' shopping, photography too. So, on that note, just give me a ring at ###-###-####, ok."

Bachelor #1, again: "I have been told that I am excellent lover by more than a few women. Women enjoy that I have great staying power. "

*******
In other news, the food in my Nu diet is really good! Very tasty and lots of variety.


We had a Freeze Warning last night!
Today's Hi 49*
Lo 34*
Sunset 4:45 p.m.

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

That's unbelievably bad. I hope its not a case of "you get what you pay for."

get2eric said...

Oh my gawd................nowt queer as folks. It's hard to figure that they get positive response from such tripe.

Anonymous said...

This Article made me think of you.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21696643/

mollie said...

so how was your date with bachelor #1? ;)