Sunday, November 25, 2007

my "Angels"

As my sister Jennifer mentioned in a recent post, I have adopted five "angels" for Christmas.

In the past, I've gotten an angel child from the Salvation Army trees found in mosy malls. But knowing how different things are here in NY, I jumped at several opportunities to help a child this holiday, and all those opportunities came through!

First, I learned through my volunteer group NY Cares that there were children available, so I signed up for two children, and I got a 4 and a 5-year-old girls. Then, my office made a plea, so I signed up for two more and got boys, ages 10 and 17. Last, at church I picked an angel off the tree, a 3-year-old girl. I've had so much fun shopping for them!

2 comments:

peevish said...

Shopping for kids is fun! And generosity feels pretty good, too.

Anonymous said...

That sounds great - good for you!