Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Someday

I love music. And the iPod...what a great idea! I join the other commuters in the morning on the train with my earbuds in, each of us zoning out to our own music.

Lately, I've been listening to The Wreckers, a female duo of Michelle Wright and a friend of hers. I really like their harmony, and the lyrics are great. The song "Cigarettes" really resonates with me right now, especially this part:

"Someday maybe somebody will love me like I need,
And someday I won't have to prove to somebody who'll see
All my worth but until then I'll do just fine on my own
With my cigarettes and this old dirt road...

I ain't gonna sleep. I don't wanna dream about the things I used to need.
I ain't gonna cry or gonna live their lies
I'm just gonna drive..."

Only problem: I don't smoke (I'm asthmatic) and I don't drive. No dirt roads around here either...

4 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Do you manage not to sing out loud while your on the subway? I'm always afraid I'll forget and start singing off-key (cuz you can't really hear yourself) outloud to the disturbance of others and embarrassment to myself!

Unknown said...

You can download some good stuff to your ipod now too, like NPR and BBC podcasts. Just incase you need a break from singing the dirt road ciggy blues...

Emily said...

Jenn: Yeah, I don't sing on the subway. Once I was on a train with a huge black guy that was singing off-key loudly to his tunes, and it was awful!

Steph: I'll have to try that. Now I'm listening to my Christmas tunes. Much cheerier.

ColeBugsmommy said...

I just bought my mom and I Ipods for X-mas. I can't wait to start using it.