Friday, November 16, 2007

Quiet Please

[I will post the Tiger Chocolate recipe this weekend...just haven't had a chance to look it up.]

I'm so freakin' tired. I love my beautiful apartment, I love the view of the Hudson, I love that I have a washer & dryer. But THE FREAKIN' CONSTRUCTION NOISE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! As you may recall, I have a great view of Ground Zero, where they are busy constructing the new Freedom Tower.

City noise in general doesn't bother me. When I used to visit NYC on business, I would even open my window at night to hear the city and get the cold air into the stuffy hotel rooms.

But the jackhammers!!! EVERY DAY (even weekends) they start at 7 a.m. and last night, continued well past 11:30 p.m. I bought a sound machine that creates white noise, but it doesn't drown out the pounding sound.

As much as I hate to even consider moving again, I'm thinking about it. I'm so tired, and it's starting to affect my daytime mood and productivity. It's hard to relax in my own place because of that noise.

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

We will definitely have to visit before you move again!

Unknown said...

oh no. I'm sorry Em. I don't like things interrupting my sleep either. Sleep deprivation is DEFINITELY an effective form of torture. I hope you get some rest soon.

peevish said...

A long time ago I used to live in a very noisy apartment complex. I used those foam earplugs at night. It took a while to get used to them, but the it sure made sleeping a lot easier.

Sorry about your discomfort with the apartment. It sucks to fall in love with a place, and then be disappointed by it.

Also, can you use an ipod while at home & awake, so you don't hear it?