Monday, November 05, 2007

Grand Opening

There's a new CVS that just opened last week near my office. There are drug stores on just about every block in NY, but this one does seem nice. I've stopped by there twice so far, and it's bright, spacious and everyone is VERY friendly. There are multiple cashiers, so the lines are never very long. There's even a greeter when you walk in! His whole job is to welcome you in and say thank you when you leave.

My colleagues and I discussed this one day at lunch. We all agreed the uber-friendliness won't last long. Pretty soon, it will be just like the others...crowded, no-nonsense and no smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like CVS is taking a page from the Walmart handbook--that's the only other place I know of that employs "greeters." (Aka retirees who got bored)