Saturday, November 03, 2007

Good End to the Week

I was so tired yesterday after unexplicably waking at 3:30 a.m. Most people who know me know I am NOT a morning person, but here I was waking very alert at 3:30 feeling for sure it was 7 a.m. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Woke up...3:35. Again, closed my eyes, surely it's 7 now? Nope, 3:45.

Of course, when 7 finally rolled around, I was exhausted. Figures.

I found this great little restaurant here in my TriBeCa neighborhood. I usually eat alone, and this place has a great round bar with about 8 chairs, with the bartender in the middle. I've met two of the bartenders, and they introduce me around to everyone else at the bar. It's great...it's like not really eating alone (which gets old).

The Friday bartender is REALLY hot. He's my age, and only bartends one night a week. The rest of the time, he works as a personal trainer or personal coach of some sort. I'm still trying to learn more about that. To put it mildly, there are definitely sparks between us. Mutual sparks. Very cool.

After some great wine and a tasty pork dinner there, I met my new friend L and her gay friend P...we went to this great 80's club. It's packed with gay guys and straight girls (whatever) and all they play is 1980's great hits. We had a blast, jiving on the dance floor, singing at the top of our lungs to each other to Thriller, Debbie Gibson and Paula Abdul!

I got home late (or early, depending on your perspective). One of the ways I know I'm getting older is that I can't sleep late in the morning, no matter what time I went to bed.

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Welcome to your late 30s! Sleep between 3-6 am sucks! Remember Daddy bellowing if we woke him up, that he'd never get back to sleep? I understand that better now.