Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's Here: NaBloPoMo

My sister Jennifer has inspired me to do many things in my life. As my older sibling, she encouraged me to crawl and walk. She helped me learn to read and taught me cross-stitch. (I also think she may have had a hand in teaching me to cartwheel, since that is the only thing I do that lefthanded.) She also inspired me to join her in adventure races and then the triathlons.

Now, it's NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. "All you have to do is post every day during the month of November," they say. Sounds easy, but for days now I've been stocking up on ideas for stories for those days when I'm tapped out.




Today is easy. Here is a picture of me and my boss at the end of the day yesterday. That's right, he dressed as Tinky Winky from TeleTubbies. (His 3-yr-old daughter helped him choose a costume.)




Then I went to the parade with my colleague shown here, dressed as Sen. Larry Craig from Idaho in the Minneapolis bathroom stall, complete with said stall, appropriate grafiti, and dragging his pants around his ankles! (People either completely got it or didn't, but those who did really appreciated his humor and creativity.)



The parade was fun, but we walked and walked and walked. My choice of boots was not the best for so much walking on hard concrete, and I finally cried "Uncle" at 10 p.m. We saw so many amazing costumes, here are just a few. Halloween night changed the City...people talked to each other and commented on costumes. People were friendly. Alas, the costumes are now put away, and we are back to ignoring each other on the subway and as we pass on the street.

No comments: