Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cousins

Often when I think of calling my relatives in the UK, it's too late in the day, and I realize they are most likely sleeping. This goes on for weeks until I finally think about it and have the time to call during the morning here, which is early evening there.

I called my cousin Paula this morning just to chat and get the news about her life. In theory, she has a blog, but her time and her limited internet connection don't match her wit and humor, so she doesn't post with any frequency.

I caught her just as she was leaving the pharmacy. She's got a stomach virus (yuk) and had just picked up what she later described as disgusting tasting ("like piss") medicine. It's usually the bad tasting ones that work, though, right?

Other than that, she didn't sound at all sick. She was her usual bubbly self. I congratulated her on her incredible weight loss with Weight Watchers (24 pounds!) and she encouraged me as I start mine.

It was lovely to catch up with her. It always seems we just pick up where we left off, like no time has passed, and we joke that our similarities must be due to heredity. It's great having cousins.

And, in that spirit, I'm preparing for another cousin's visit. Rob is coming down from West Point this weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope it is a good weekend. ;)

get2eric said...

Lucky for me, I don't know what piss tastes like.
I miss Paula's blogs. She is so funny. And smart. Just like her Dad.

Wish we could get her to post more often.

paula said...

Actually, the words were "Devil's Piss" and to add insult to injury it didn't work as quickly and effectively as I hoped I was still shall we say "inconvenienced" all yesterday evening and this morning!!!! But on a positive note it's bound to be helping with the weight loss (wouldn't recommend it though Em, so stop right there and step away from the toilet bowl, don't even think about licking it!!! Love you and thanks for the chat it really cheered me up. If I can remember my log in and the internet holds up I may just post something XXX