Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Ah, I'm happily stuffed with lots of good food. We had smoked turkey, stuffing with gravy, wild rice, roasted vegetables, corn & edamame succotash, green beans, cranberry relish, and lovely wine to wash it all down with! There was so much yummy food, you could hardly fit it all on one plate.

For dessert, there was pumpkin and pecan pies and freshly whipped cream. We watched Anna dance her ballet dances that she will perform at the recital in December and listened to Colin recite the poem "The Owl and the Pussycat."

When my parents and I arrived several hours ago, Anna ran to me "Emily!" and gave me a big hug. And Colin, who usually is overwhelmed by his emotions and hides shyly when I first arrive, ran to me and hugged on my neck for a LONG time. It was so sweet. I wish they would stay this age.

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

I wish they would stay, too.

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Nana