Friday, November 02, 2007

Too Much Interest

When I came to NY in July to look for an apartment, the hotel concierge recommended a great Indian restaurant. Since I was staying at a hotel near my office, I remembered where it was and have gone several times, taking colleagues and visitors.

The first time I went, the manager took a liking to me and gave me his card, which was subsequently lost in the move. Every time I went, he would pay me special attention and give me freebies -- an appetizer or dessert.

"He's CUTE!" One of my colleagues said, "You should ask him out. He obviously likes you."

I debated. He is cute. I've never dated an Indian guy, but I have several friends from there and appreciate their culture and especially the food. Ah, what the hell!

So I gave him my card and agreed to go out with him.

We were having a perfectly nice time, just talking over drinks at a jazz bar, getting to know each other, when he blurts out, "I think I love you."

WHAT?!>#?

I said, "It's our FIRST date."

He tried to explain but just continued digging a hole for himself.

I said, "You don't even know me."

We moved on to other topics, but then he said it again!

Needless to say, our first date was also our last. But now I can't go to the restaurant. Except on Mondays (his day off).

***********************

I am missing Comments. Is anyone reading this? Several posts have ZERO comments. It's pretty disheartening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading, but don't always comment - sorry! This one, I had to comment. I was reading along, came to the I think I love you part, and I said out loud, What?! haha Sorry it ruined your restaurant-attendance flexibility.

Vetmommy said...

Yea for 'PoMo. I checked your site repeatedly yesterday and it was just your old post; I guess my browser wasn't refreshing or something. Otherwise I definitely would've commented.

How cool that your boss dressed up. I laughed out loud at Senator Craig!

ColeBugsmommy said...

"I love you" after one date???? That is crazy, I mean not that you aren't wonderful ;-)