Friday, November 23, 2007

Day After the Holiday

Last night, I watched "Ratatouille" with Colin and Anna. Colin was glued to my side for the first half of the movie, and Anna snuggled with me for the last half. It was a great movie, made better by all the sweet lovin's.

I got to sleep in Anna's room, and when I crawled into bed with her last night, she moaned and threw an arm towards me so that her hand was touching my arm. When she awoke this morning and saw me, she smiled. It was a great way to wake up.

My parents and I drove back to their house in Houston today. It's a pretty drive where you can see a lot of the Texas countryside. I enjoyed it. My mom and I did a little shopping and got massages and came back to a wonderfully fragrant kitchen. My dad made veal scallopini and veal parmigiana. Excellente!

Heading back to the wintery North tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Emily, for making our Thanksgiving complete!
Love, M

peevish said...

Your Dad sounds like an excellent cook! Maybe that's where you & Jenn get it from.

get2eric said...

And Emily opened 2 bottles French Bordeaux to enhance the meal.