Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Seeing a Different Part of the City

Guess where I was yesterday? Harlem!

I was there all day to meet with a new client. I've heard and read so much about Harlem, I've been wanting to go and see it for myself. Of course, I've rarely felt so white. While there is a significant Hispanic population now in Harlem, the majority of the residents are black. And then there's me, walking around in my white coat with my whitey-white skin. No worries, as in the rest of NY, no one pays much attention to you.

Our new clients are fantastic, and it's going to be a pleasure to work with them. We went to a Jamaican themed restaurant for lunch and toured a couple facilities where we might have an event.

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Did you see Our Bill?

paula said...

Sounds really interesting Em, it's good that you are getting to see all this new exciting stuff.

ColeBugsmommy said...

What a wonderful experience. It's great to experience new things and see how other people live. I was at a Pre-K that's only for children from very low income families on Tuesday. It always makes me thankful for what I have and only makes me what to give more of my time, effort, and love to those who need it most.