Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year's Eve Shenanigans

So I have three tentative friends so far. What I mean by that is, we've hung out at least once, going to a bar or dinner, and we've text-messaged each other a few times. These friendships aren't solid enough to call and cry on their shoulder, but it's a start.

I text-messaged all three to find something to do for New Year's. Kelly called back, and I joined her and her new husband in Jersey City at a neighborhood party. We had a good time, and I met several other nice people. Kelly said she thinks I'll be spending a lot of time in Jersey City this year!


She told me the party was going to have an ice luge. Naively, I thought she meant for us to slide down. Fun! But actually, it was for drinks. I don't do shots (never a good idea, I think), but they had watered these down to 75% juice/25% alcohol. The pourer would stand at the top of the block and the sipper would slurp from the bottom. Your face got really cold up against the ice!

5 comments:

peevish said...

that ice luge is insane! I'm glad you posted a photo. I never could have imagined it!

And I hope these friendships grow.

Cheers!

paula said...

I too hope these friendships develop and must say you look gorgeous in that piccy love.

ColeBugsmommy said...

Happy New Year!

Vetmommy said...

I have heard of Ice Luges that people made with an iron, then it got deeper and deeper as the night went on... I never got to try one, though!

Here's to a happy 2008!

mainlyclearskies said...

Glad you had some new friends to ring in the new year with you!

The ice luge is pretty cool!