Tuesday, January 22, 2008

From Oh-So-Warm to Bitter Cold

Miami was warm, humid 80*. I came back to frigid temperatures with wind chills making it feel like 18*! Still, I do like it. (crazy, I know.)

Miami was great, but exhausting. Being "on" and meeting so many new people, presenting multiple times in a day just wore me out. It was wonderful to be at the luxurious Four Seasons with their incredible beds and a bathroom bigger than my kitchen. I slept so well without any interruptions from construction!

I went to the beach on Saturday with my boss and his family. We rented an umbrella because they are as pale and sunburn-prone as I am. I found I was much more accostumed to the heat and humidity than they were, though. (They're Canadian...they handle the cold much better than I do!)

I had a massage on Saturday morning by this gorgeous guy. My mind wandered, thinking how this is the first time in a long time a man has touched me, and I'm paying him for it! Ha ha!

I did get to eat Cuban food, as well as Mojitos and key lime pie. It was delicious. Now I'm working it off...running, walking and lifting weights.

Flying back into NYC, we had a perfect view of downtown, and I was able to locate my building amid all the high rises. I do like living here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I hear - "There's no place like home" ???? Glad you had a great time in FL. We missed you on Saturday at Sudie's B-Day, though.
Love, M

paula said...

So happy that you had a good time, even though it was exhausting at times. Also very happy that you are glad to be back XX

Anonymous said...

Hey--I think I sent you an email, but I'm not sure I got your address right. It looks like I'll be coming to NYC briefly the week of February 11th! I'd love to see you.