Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Little Partner

As Jenn mentioned on her blog, when I heard she and Anthony would be coming to Dallas early this week to help his mom, I asked if I could take Anna home with me! She agreed, and Anna was very excited. We drove to Waco and had dinner with my grandma, great aunt, uncle and his family. Unfortunately, the traffic was TERRIBLE Sunday night, and Anna got into bed very late.

It worked out that they couldn't coordinate with Anthony's mom until Tuesday, so Anna stayed with me as I worked from home yesterday. We went to Pancake House for breakfast, and then Anna did crafts and was politely quiet when I had to hold conference calls on the phone. Knowing that both my sisters are very good about serving their kids healthy meals, I cooked salmon with wild rice and sauteed zucchini. However, Anna mostly ate the rice. She likes the other stuff, but her tummy was hurting from too many appetizer nuts. (oh well!)

Yesterday, Anna said, "Why does my family keep calling me?"
I said, "Because they miss you Anna!"
She said, "But I don't miss them."

This morning, she said, "I'm not feeling well. I think I'm a little bit feverish. I think I'm home sick."

1 comment:

get2eric said...

It's so good to have caring little Anna all to yourself. She is a treat. We too are going to have her for almost a week later this month. We have lots of stuff planned, but then, I repeat myself. :-)