Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So It's That Easy?

I just read an article stating that the secret to meeting someone is having a positive attitude and believing it will happen. (They also give "more practical" tips, all of which I have tried.)

I vacillate between such positivity and utter cynicism. Fortunately, I have friends who can be positive for me when I can seem to muster it myself.

I have a dear friend back in Dallas who is absolutely certain that I will meet Mr. Right in NYC and that my destiny is the real reason I moved here. I love her optimism, even if sometimes I think it's a bit silly. But it's touching that she believes in this dream of mine even more than I do at times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,Emily,to put my twopennyworth in I will predict that you will meet an older man..I don't know if you like moustaches do you? with a touch of grey in them? I don't think for one minute it will be in NY..he is a homely chap..just right for you,,and soooo cuddly.
There! I have stuck my neck out..let's see how right/wrong I am in a while. :o) A.Norma.

Anonymous said...

...hahaha you stuck for words,Em?

Don't worry I'm not as silly as it appears. :o)

A.Norma.x