Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hair Day

I'm getting used to not working. I've finally started to relax and really enjoy having my time as my own.

Yesterday, enjoying a lazy morning, checking email and catching up online, I went to the gym and burned 350 calories on the elliptical. Then I headed to midtown near Times Square to see a new hairdresser (Sam) that is recommended by my friend Lindsay. I told him how frustrated I was with my last color and cut. I knew I wanted to go darker this time, more of a brunette color, and I thought I would need to go shorter to fix the botched cut from last time. Sam said he could keep the length and we agreed on a nice brunette color with lighter highlights. The only thing about color and highlights is that it takes forever. I was there for about 3 hours. And my scalp was quite sensitive at the end of all the pulling, tugging, multiple washes, etc.

Sam cut my hair in a shag sort of cut to keep the length and use the absolutely ridiculously short layers that had been created by the hairdresser I'm not going to see again. But I don't really like a shag on me. Sam could tell from my face I wasn't thrilled (and I'm still getting used to the color). I told him I still didn't like having four or five inches of layers at the bottom, and he said he could cut it more. So we did it! We cut all the length off.

Here's a pic taken by my Mac (not great, but it does the job). What do you think?

5 comments:

Vetmommy said...

The live picture was better, but I like your hair - it is smooth and slimming.

Anonymous said...

And I like like it too! Yes, you look great!!
Love, M

get2eric said...

S'alright......It'll grow out.

Course with a mush like yours you could wear a wig and be OK

Anonymous said...

!!! well I think you look sexy..:o)
A.Norma.x

Anonymous said...

Your new style looks great and suits you. Wear it in style.