Friday, August 29, 2008

Evacuation Plan

Just a quick post to let those of you who know I'm in New Orleans this weekend know that I'm okay and I already have booked an earlier flight to get out of here.

I came down with some friends from NYC for the Labor Day weekend. We were originally scheduled to go back on Monday, but the city is rapidly and efficiently preparing for evacuation. My new flight is early tomorrow morning. (Hurricane Gustav is planned to hit here on Monday night or Tuesday, but I remember Steph's experience trying to evacuate Houston from Hurricane Rita -- many, many hours stuck in traffic that wasn't moving -- and I want to get out asap.

Anyway, I'll post again once I get home. It's too hot and humid here anyway for this Yankee. :-)

5 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Sorry about your aborted trip! But very glad you will be safe.

Boilerdad said...

Hey! Are you back yet?

Anonymous said...

I echo Anthony's post "are you back safely yet?" xxx A.Norma.

Emily said...

Yes, I'm home safely. Got home yesterday afternoon. I'll post about the short trip with some pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

Crumbs,Emily,I rode that one with you! so relieved that you're home safe and sound.xx A.Norma.