Monday, December 31, 2007

Catching Up on the Blog

I know, long time with no post. Everything has been rushing by...I can't believe December is already over.

My parents came back to NYC with me after Christmas. It was really great having them here. I put them up in a nearby hotel, and I think it was good for all of us not to be cooped up in my small apartment. We had two very lovely dinners with wine-a-plenty, and as my dad mentioned on his blog, we did quite a bit of walking! On Friday, I took the day off to spend with them, and we had a beautiful sunny day. I really enjoyed walking slowly and enjoying the sites, rather than my usual speed-walk to work.

I often tell people up here how I miss Tex-Mex food. People always recommend different restaurants, and after I try them, I realize they don't know good Tex-Mex. However, a friend who's in the restaurant business recommended a Mexican restaurant to me, and I tried it on Saturday. OH MY GOD...so good! I ordered tomato-habenero salsa and chicken enchiladas with a green sauce. Delicioso! I really enjoyed it and will definitely go back.

I have to work today, although we get off early. Not much going on anyway. Just cleaning up, getting ready for the new year.

As of last night, I finally have plans for the New Year celebration! (I feared I was going to be alone in my apartment with Netflix and a pizza.) I called a few girlfriends, and one invited me to a neighborhood party in Jersey City, just across the Hudson River from where I live. She said it should be a blast, and they are even planning an ice luge!

As I mentioned in some of my Christmas cards and to my parents when they were here, I never imagined at the beginning of 2007 that I would end it working and living in NYC. Life is full of surprises. Who knows what's in store for 2008?! Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

4 comments:

get2eric said...

Yeah, same to you. Happy New Year!

peevish said...

Are you going to see the big ball drop in Times Square? And WTH is an ice luge? I think that would require different attire than I usually associate with New Year's Eve celebrations. Anyway, I hope you have fun! We will just be here with Netflix and wine.

Unknown said...

you too auntie em...we thought of you tonight when we read (incl. the inscription by you) Skippyjon Jones tonight. No big celebration here, all in bed by 10 if I'm lucky. Glad you'll have a story to tell!

paula said...

Happy new year Em, my resolution is to dust off the cobwebs from my blog and actually write something even if I think it is as boring as hell and nobody could possibly be interested so be warned!! We had Luke in bed by 7pm and sat up trying to stay awake until midnight, Rich has go the dreaded flu virus .... aargh!!