Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Little Too Much

...fun, that is! I went to Dallas last weekend and just had a blast seeing so many friends. First stop was Mi Cocina, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, for lunch with my friends Lauren, Wendy and Sherry. Lauren brought her baby Ellie, too. We had a blast, laughing and catching up. Lauren reminded us we've been doing our "Christmas Lunch Bunch" for nine years.

Then I went by my old office. So many people came up and gave me hugs...it was great touch therapy! Several people asked if I was coming back (hell no!).

Sherry managed to get us free tickets to the Stars hockey game Friday night. We met for dinner beforehand at another Mexican restaurant, Mattito's. Lauren was able to join us for dinner but had to get home to her family after that. We enjoyed the game with "tasty adult beverages" and more laughter, even though the Stars lost.

On Saturday, I had a schedule to see everyone, beginning at 10 a.m. I met Jo for coffee, and we had a nice visit. Then I had lunch with Ian and his family, which includes a new baby and an adorable 18 month old. At 2:15, I had a hair appointment to get highlights and a cut by my hairdresser. Later that evening, I met up with my gay boyfriend Daniel and some other friends, and we danced and drank until the bar closed at 2:00 a.m.!

I had to get up early on Sunday to return my rental car and get to the airport, where I met up with another friend (Lisa) who already had plans to come to NY. She's here on business but came up early on Sunday to visit with me. When we got here, I showed her around my neighborhood and the Hudson River, and we had a delicious dinner at Nobu.

I'm exhausted, but that's not all...I seem to have acquired the bug that has been going 'round the office here. I know I wore myself out this weekend, but it was so much fun. It was just great to see everyone and feel so much love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing you, too! Looking forward to your next visit. ;-)

get2eric said...

Take better care of yourself.

Vetmommy said...

It all sounds wonderful, except for the virus!

Anonymous said...

Hockey and beer? Are you sure you're not Canadian, eh?