Monday, December 17, 2007

Movie Mania

Being sick all weekend, I spent most of my time either sleeping or snuggled up on the couch with a warm blanket and my cuddly kitty. And since the writers are still on strike (can't they figure out a deal already?) I didn't have many shows recorded to catch up on. So, I watched entirely too many movies, and most of them not great:

From Netflix:
Amelie (very cute)
Cinema Paradiso (enjoyable)
Cinderella Man (enjoyable, too, although Renee Zellweiger seemed to always have a pinched face...maybe I'm just over her)
Previously recorded on TV:
Something's Gotta Give (loved it as much as the first time)
Mission Impossible 2 (wasn't desperate to see it again, but the motorcycle scenes are good)
Dare Devil (I like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, but this wasn't one of their best)
The Prince and Me (ok, pretty sappy I know, but I do like Julia Stiles)
The Prince and Me II: The Royal Wedding (Julia didn't sign on for this one, and it was absolutely the worst movie I saw all weekend! And this was the one replaying in my head at night.)
A Hallmark movie called Love's Long Journey (I was desperate)

What was interesting to me is how many movies have scenes in NY. One of the shots in Dare Devil was a courthouse scene, showing an aerial view of City Hall. I walk past that every day!

3 comments:

get2eric said...

Glad you saw some stuff you liked. I watched the Cowboys lose when any kind of offense would have changed the result.

ColeBugsmommy said...

Since I was laid up with my ankle I watched movies too! The 3rd Bourne movie was good, The Waitress was good but weird, and I also watched Flicka, I must be tired because I actually cried during that one! Hope you feel better.

Unknown said...

We actually watched a movie on ppv the other night and it was serious but good -- Blood Diamonds with Leonardo in it. Hope you are all better already!