Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Weather

I broke down and bought a down-filled coat today. Walking to church was an effort with the mighty wind and rain. I held my umbrella almost horizontal as I tried to walk against the wind. My umbrella sounded like kite flapping in the air. I made it to church (only a couple blocks away) with a chapped face and shivering.

After the service, we had rehearsal for our ensemble. There were 7 of us today, and the group mentioned another that was there last week. Our first performance will be the second week of January, and it is sounding pretty good. No one stands out too much, and since we had to audition, everyone is on key.

The church is beautifully decorated, and it really feels like the 18th century in there. Several of us helped decorate the Sunday after Christmas, and since not everyone decorates their apartment, for some, this is their only decoration. I could never compromise that, though. I have my full tree and decorations about, although I have too much for this small place.

So after church and rehearsal, I went to the discount store, Century 21, and bought a nice, warm, snuggly down-filled coat. I feel prepared for the storms now. I have rain boots and snow boots, several scarves and gloves, hats and coats.

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

It must be tough to find space for all this necessary bulky winter clothing, eh? Its nice and chilly here, but not that kind of cold!

Unknown said...

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Need a piccy of you with cold face and bundled up in your wintery environs!

peevish said...

I have learned that it is very important to dress for the weather. Also, falling on the ice is just a normal part of one's day sometimes.