Friday, December 14, 2007

the Importance of Family

One of the values my parents instilled in me and my sisters is the importance of family. Moving around brought us closer together. It's my sisters I go to when I want to reminisce about grade school or high school.

Now I'm finding more strong relationships with my cousins. As we all grow just a bit older, the age differences between us don't seem as significant. I love the correspondence I share with Paula in England, and I treasure my growing relationships with Kelley and Lindsey in Seattle. Beverly, who always seemed like a niece to me, is now a beautiful, fun young woman of 18, and I can see our relationship slightly changing as she enters adulthood.

Just thankful for all these incredible women in my life and family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you too! I'm still trying to find a way to get to New York for work.

paula said...

Thanks so much for that Em, love you lots, and I really do enjoy it when we manage to overcome the time difference and have a good old natter. XXXX

Unknown said...

Yeah, ITA ==> we've got great cousins. Just can't find a way to entice them to come to hot sticky Houston to see a hausfrau and her brood. Hanging in the big City with you has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sex appeal. Oh well. ;)

Vetmommy said...

Yes, our extended family is great. I am so pleased for my kids that they have so many cousins to play with their own age. Cousins are like ready-made friends!