Friday, December 21, 2007

Time to Grieve

Blogging from Austin...

I got here yesterday. I've already eaten Mexican food twice so far. :-)

I received some terrible news on Wednesday. A very dear friend and former colleague in Dallas lost his wife. My friend is very private, I don't feel it's my place to publicize the details of her death, but it was definitely unexpected. She was 38.

My heart aches for my friend. Such a terrible time of year to lose a loved one, although to lose someone so young is never easy. I'm headed up to Fort Worth tomorrow for the funeral. I wish there was more I could do.

Life is so precious and so fragile.

1 comment:

ColeBugsmommy said...

Jen told me about your friend's loss. It's never easy to lose someone, but it's worse this time of year. I'm glad you will be able to be there for him.