Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quick Update

I saw Annie last night. She's at home and glad to be able to sleep in her own bed without nurses coming in to wake her every few hours. Her scar is longer than the doctor originally told us (about 6 inches from just below her breastbone down to her belly button), but she isn't too concerned about it. I think she has a healthy outlook on the whole thing.

Another note/correction: I was trying to be witty and cute when I wrote that the "owners are busy renovating" in the story New Beginnings. I didn't mean to imply that Steve doesn't own his own home. He does. The second "owner" I was referring to was me. Although I'm not on the mortgage, he's treating me as an equal in all decisions, and we are planning our future together there.

And boy, have we been busy! Last weekend we worked our butts off on the bedroom ceilings. We've scraped off the old popcorn, patched the gouges and sanded them flat. Now we have to wipe off the leftover dust from the sanding, prime and paint them. We've also been shopping for new carpet for the bedrooms. The measurement guy comes out tomorrow, and we should have new carpet in a week or so.

This weekend, we're having a garage sale in conjunction with the rest of the community. So we've also been sorting through things to identify what we want to sell. It's amazing how much junk two people can collect, but as they say, one person's trash is another's treasure. Steve has also decided to cook some hotdogs on his grill to sell and to entice people to our house.

Life is busy, but really really good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh right, I get it now, I was a tad puzzled. You sound ever so contented and very domesticated. V happy for you both. Good luck with the garage sale hun!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, garage sales, remember how we used to love to go with Daddy on a Saturday morning? I vividly remember sitting in the back of the Audi full of anticipation at what we might find... that little dog toy Tishy, a box full of buttons and beads, and so many other "treasures" I just had to have! Hope some eager beavers snatch up your old junk, too.

Vetmommy said...

I remember going to those garage sales and getting beads, ice skates, and 45 records. One time, I stepped in some dog poo on the way back to the car and got it on the floor of the Audi. Daddy was SO MAD and went back to the garage sale and bought a little vacuum that plugged into the cigarette lighter. The memory of the smell that hot dog poo mixed with over heated vacuum engine is right next to the memory of the whiny sound that vacuum made in my brain...

Anonymous said...

Well my memory of the garage sale I went to in Dallas when Sybil and I came over is: the chap who was the owner of the house asked me would I like to see his 'pet' Hrmph! now,now Ladies...it was a TARANTULA in a glass case...I nearly died! he asked me if I would like to stroke it...I said "You MUST be joking" ..it was HUGE!! and BLACK!!! (Brrrr shiver)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jenn............

Watch your step!