Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What happened?

Brief synopsis: "37, never married, single professional in Ft. Worth, 5'11", born and raised in Montana, enjoys fly fishing, hiking, going out or staying in. Looking for a woman who is independent, spontaneous, honest and attractive."

He emailed me (through Match) and expressed an interest. Ok, I thought. He's cute, professional and seems to have a lot of the qualities I'm looking for. I wrote back, and we exchanged several emails.

Then, he wrote back, "I know this is last-minute, but would you like to meet for a drink tonight?"

Throwing caution to the wind, I decided to do it. After all, I was planning on an evening of the gym and re-runs.

We met, and he was cute and nice and fun...we left the bar and went out for dinner. We talked until 10 p.m. and as he was leaving, he remarked, "Oh! I don't have your number." I offered to email it to him and did that night with a note saying I'd had a great time.

That was 6 days ago... (crickets chirping)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a dream to me......

Unknown said...

Hmmm... He could be busy, but that's very charitable. If I were you, I'd cut my losses on this one. If he's not going to get back to you, then he's obviously not worth it.

Anonymous said...

Oh men! Email him;just say you had a nice time, then...

Women communicate; men think silence is the best virtue (or something)

Urban Chick said...

you have pet crickets? cute!

Debi said...

Just forget this guy...he's not worth it if he's not calling etc....