Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend Report

I got my hair cut on Saturday. (Finally!) Nothing too radical. I entertained the idea of really cutting it short or doing something really different, but in the end, I chickened out. I just had 3 inches and more layers cut. (By the way, NO ONE has noticed here at work. Very observant folks here.)

So I was feeling pretty spunky Saturday night and decided to hit my local club for some live music and dancing. As I was enjoying a drink at the bar, I got a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see an older man of at least 70 smiling and asking me if I would like to dance, assuring me that he was a really good dancer. Ah, what the hell?

It was early in the evening, and we were the only ones on the dance floor. He told me he's a dance instructor, and his moves cracked me up. He spun around, pretended to wipe his brow with his hand and pointed at me. I just kept laughing.

When the song was over, I appropriately thanked him and he asked me if I was there with friends. I said yes, they just hadn't arrived yet (easier to explain than the truth of being there alone AND I didn't want him to feel he had to rescue me from my aloneness). I went back to the bar and a woman grabbed my arm.

"You can say you're with us!" motioning to her husband. "We were watching and felt so bad for you!"

I just kept laughing and assured her the guy was a gentleman. When he came by to ask me again later, I was talking to a gorgeous guy (more my own age), who later ditched me for a table of girls. Guess one wasn't enough for him.

I also met two guys who were in town for company training. One was from Trinidad, the other from Ireland. They were very interesting and cute, and they enjoyed beating me soundly at several games of pool. (I'm terrible, to put it nicely.) I convinced them I was much better at dancing than pool. The Irish guy asked me which of them I liked better. (I was flirting with both of them.) I said I liked them both, and he intimated that I could choose to go home with either of them. I was having fun, but I just smiled and said, "I'm not going home with either of you. I'm going home alone!" They laughed, and we continued to just hang out and dance.

Training note: I lifted weights on Friday and took a long bike ride on Saturday through my neighborhood which includes several steep hills. (Jenn, I only stopped for water breaks. I didn't have to walk up any of the hills!) Jennifer and I are gearing up for the next Women's Adventure Race in Ft. Worth on September 11.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for going out all on your own. You've got more guts than I do! Although you didn't find any new prospects while out it sounds like you had a good time. Also, you found two guys that wanted to go home with you! I'll stop with anymore comments because this isn't that kind of blog! Guys do notice how beautiful you are what a great personality you have!

Vetmommy said...

Hey, I was so excited that you had a new post, and it was so funny! Do you think that old guy had a droopy ass like on "Sex and the City?" Hahahahahaha!

I am excited to hear about your work out progress! We are going to ROCK at WAR!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fab weekend; good on you, gal!

Unknown said...

Picture of you with the haircut please...and I have to ask you to reconsider going to bars alone -- I think you should find some cool friends to at least hang with at the bar. Plus women in packs attract the males more, as evidenced when your stud moved on. I think it has to do with their primordial instincts. I'm getting an image of lions sniffing lionesses buts now...BS for sure, but whatever, just like in Vegas, they go where the odds are most favorable. Get a bar-hopping buddy.

Unknown said...

sorry for the typo, meant butts.

Anonymous said...

No one notices when I get my hair done wither unless I change the color.

I felt your "Old Guy" pain as I read this- i admire you for going for it!