Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Nothing much

I haven't written in five days. Sorry if you've been checking for something new. I just haven't been inspired to write much. Or, I've thought of a topic and then discounted it, thinking it wasn't entertaining enough.

I met a really interesting guy on Friday night. He looks like a guy I had a crush on (oh...who am I kidding? I still have a crush on) that lives in New York. This guy, Mel, just moved to Austin from Dallas. We had a great conversation about our respective careers and the differences between Austin and Dallas. He was funny and witty and very complimentary. I didn't realize until later that I was standing on his right the whole time. I didn't even notice the wedding band, and I usually look for those right off. I was so disappointed. He noticed my obvious disappointment and said he hadn't meant to mislead me. [Sigh] I knew he seemed too good to be true.

My gay boyfriend, Daniel, comes back into town this week. Yea! My dancing partner is back! His mom is coming to visit, too, and he wants me to meet her. Should be interesting. His mom knows he's gay but isn't thrilled about it. I wonder if hanging out with an older divorcee will be considered good or worse? ha ha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a disappointment...But atleast you found out before anything else happened! You're so lucky to have your gay boyfriend living in the same town as you. Mine only comes up to visit every few weeks. And now he even has his own boyfriend. I am such the jealous hag!!

Unknown said...

It's the old maxim - all the best ones are either married or gay!