Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Weekend of Parks

As expected, my cousin Rob arrived from West Point on Friday. I took him to an Indian restaurant for dinner since he had asked me about it. I ordered a variety of dishes, including Chicken Vindaloo, their spiciest dish. The waiters couldn't believe I would order that for someone who had never had Indian before, but Rob loved it!



On Saturday, after sleeping in, we met two of my coworkers (who are sisters, how cool!) for brunch. The restaurant wasn't quite open when we got there, so we walked around Washington Square Park and NYU. These pictures are from the park.



The brunch was divine: I had Proscuitto Eggs Benedict and Rob had Creme Brulee Vanilla French Toast. Both were delicious!



























Rob went to meet up with a buddy from West Point for the afternoon. I went to Union Square and came upon a street fair. I bought some handmade jewelry and visited one of the bargain stores, Filene's Basement, which happens to be on the third floor! I got this great view of Union Square from their windows.
Posted by Picasa



On Sunday, we went to church, then headed uptown for lunch and Central Park. We walked around for three hours or so, exploring the different areas and enjoying the beautiful weather and greenery. The Lake is full of boats, and I was surprised to see a gondola!







Here, Rob talks to Grandma. We gave her a call just to say hello and check in on her. She also allowed us to talk to Sudie!















The Reservoir, at the north end of the Park, was breathtaking. There's a running path that encircles it, and the views of the city across the water were just asking to have their picture taken.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful sites! Sounds like you and Rob had a good weekend!!
Love, M

ColeBugsmommy said...

What an amazing life you are leading. I'm in awe.

get2eric said...

Terrific pictures and a nice description of the w/e
It looks a lot nicer than muggy old Houston!

Vetmommy said...

Those pictures make me realize you are really there! I mean, I know you're gone, but what a place to be. Love the 3rd floor shot.

Unknown said...

Wow, great photography. I love all the detail of the people in the 3rd floor basement shot. If you look closely you can even see the reflection of your hands holding the camera. Love all these shots. Very exciting stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear one, for taking care of Rob. He had a great time exploring NY with you. You are a gem!! I love you, C