Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering

It's hard to believe it's been six years, and then it's hard to imagine the complete devastation of life and property that occurred on September 11, 2001.

Walking to the subway this morning, my fellow NYers were somber and quiet. From the World Trade Center site, I could hear music. I'm not sure if it was live or taped, but it was beautiful: a children's choir singing the national anthem in 4-part harmony. It sounded angelic.

One of the World Trade Center buildings (there are several) placed a large American flag facing what we now call Ground Zero.

In the office, the president brought bagels and opened one of the meeting rooms for any who wanted to stop by and watch some of the coverage of the memorial service. So many names read...so many lives cut too short.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

grandad says said...

Well, we didn't watch any of the MSM coverage. But we did watch a Power Point presentation of about 20 awful pictures.

Vetmommy said...

I thought of you often today, whenever the media mentioned Ground Zero. It must've been very moving to be there.

ColeBugsmommy said...

I will never forget where I was and who I was with that awful morning. After we heard the news, we were glued to the TV all day. I too thought of you today and how somber the mood must be in NYC.