Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Maybe...or Maybe Not

So, I met a guy last week...we exchanged cards. I was busy with friends all weekend, so we decided to meet for a drink Monday night after the Ishmael Beah talk.

He works in the financial district, near where I live. He seems very smart and well travelled. We had a nice conversation, but I think he's too into me. Or he's too agressive. Or maybe I'm just not that into him.

We met at a cute French bistro in Soho. It was warm in the restaurant, though, and I mentioned, "I'm hot," as I took off my suit jacket. He smiled and said, "Yeah, you are!" Huh. Not so cool, dude.

I also felt like he was evaluating me like a piece of meat. You know those restaurants where you can pick out your steak before they cook it? Yep, I know how those slabs of beef feel now.

The final straw? He admitted he's not quite divorced...just separated, but on the way to a divorce. Yeah. Call me later, when it's finalized. Or you know? Maybe not. Let's just be friends.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm. I think you made the right call there. A little bell in my head tells me his wife may just not know that they're even separated...

Vetmommy said...

Bummer. That guy sounds like some of the guys you met in Dallas.

Unknown said...

he's not even friend material. next!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...you seem to attract those type of men, bummer.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

want my advice,Em? don't go looking let them come to you..works every time...xxx