Monday, September 17, 2007

Familiar Faces

When I am walking along the streets in NYC, I often see someone who reminds me of someone I know back in Dallas.

This past weekend, however, I got to see two friends from "back home." On Thursday and Friday night, I had the pleasure of seeing my friend Renee, who was my manager during some of my time at my old company. She was in town for business, and we went out to dinner each night. The first night, we ate at Nobu, which has fantastic sushi. On Friday, we found a little Italian place tucked in the Village, and after a great dinner, we enjoyed wandering around the unique shops.

On Saturday, I had brunch with some of the girls from work and went to the farmers' market. Exhausted from several hours of walking, I had just arrived home and was considering a nap when my phone rang. A friend (and previous massage therapist) was in town visiting her daughter who lives here, and they invited me out for an early dinner.

It was so great to see her! My brain must hunger for familiar faces. It just feels like a little piece of home getting to see each of these women, and it was nice to talk to someone who already knows me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great. Good food and good friends. Oh yum --nobu rocks!

one week from today we'll be together for dinner, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get2eric said...

A few monthe before your Mom and I were married we went to a little Italian restaurant on W. 4th St in the village. We still remember how great it was. After dinner we went to see Anthony Newley in 'Roar of the greasepaint'

Vetmommy said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Nobu sounds great (but the link isn't working).