Saturday, October 01, 2005

Such a Nice Guy

Yesterday, Steve delivered a beautiful, huge bouquet of flowers to my office! I was at lunch with a colleague at the time, and when I returned, all the girls in the office were buzzing about the bouquet and curious to know who had sent them.

We had dinner with his best friend and his girlfriend. When Steve drove me home, he was playing his favorite CD. He kissed my hand and said he really loves my perfume. I kissed his hand back, and Steve said, "I love you too."

I think I stopped breathing. I was thinking, I'm NOT ready for this.
I said, "What did you say?"

He said again, "I love you too."

I said, "Uhh..."

And then he realized what I had heard and started laughing and pointing to the CD player. "U2! U2!"

We both cracked up laughing.

9 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Oh man, I was getting worried there for a minute!

I saw video of U2 at the BandAid concert back in the 80's, OMG did Bono have a bilevel mullet! Still very cute, though. Looking at all those pop artists made me feel old.

Anonymous said...

I think that is SO funny...........and a clue to not being so suspicious.

Anonymous said...

Good Save!!! :) If I'm ever dating again, I'll DEFINITELY remember that one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fabulous!!! That is soooo funny Emily, really funny. I'm glad it's working out so well for you both, he sounds such a lovely chap!! And flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Jenn, know what you mean about those 80's bands making you feel old. They were great though, I loved all the american rock stuff, and I must admit, I think I still love Jon Bon Jovi (just a little tiny bit). Bilevel Mullets were so very cool in the 80's!!!

Unknown said...

Phew! Things seem to be going well... :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey, Em, hello? How about an update?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm waiting too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, I bet your face was red...I thought at first 'Hmm that's a bit soon' then read the rest hahaha and FLOWERS..keep a tight hold,Emily..that's a very good sign.xx