Thursday, October 20, 2005

On the Mend

Thank you all for your sympathy. I'm happy to report I'm on the mend! Today, both sides of my mouth are feeling better, and I'm even able to chew soft foods on the crown side. Whew!

Yesterday was also a tough day because I didn't hear from Steve. It was VERY unusual. I had called him and left 2 voicemail messages Tuesday night. I was disappointed not to hear from him, but he had mentioned he was helping a friend. He's spoiled me with morning messages of "have a good day!" and Wednesday morning, there was no message. I emailed him once I got to work and didn't get a reply. By this time, as you can imagine, my mind is working overtime. Did I do something to anger him? Could he have been in an accident?

I sent him a text message as I was leaving work: "What's up? I haven't heard from you in 24 hours."

And he texted me back: "Home sick. Slept all day."

Poor guy had been vomiting, unable to keep any solid food down, and sleeping as much as possible. He, too, seems to be on the mend today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew,Em! Gee, you've been through alot these past few days! UG! Do I ever know what "mouth pain"can feel like(all my teeth pulling surgeries and wisdom teeth removal)....but I don't believe any pain I'VE experienced compares to your ordeal.

I shuddered when you said that one doctor "prodded" around the hurt area...YIKES! I'm surprised you didn't take the course of action you mentioned...that's GOTTA BE JUST A "LITTLE" PAINFUL!

Does the doc need to be informed that your mouth REALLY does have nerves...and prodding around WILL hurt,especially on the sore part.

Glad to hear everyone(including Steve)is on the mend.

Get well soon and get a new periodontist!

XOXO,
Bevie

Anonymous said...

So very glad you are feeling better. Hope Steve feels better soon, sorry that you were getting so worried - I would have been exactly the same as you. XX

Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird how Women always think they have 'said or done something wrong' when they don't hear from their Boyfriend? We must try to have a bit more faith in ourselves,Girls! :o) Emily you are a lovely young lady so do me a favour...have more confidence in yourself..Hokay? :o) xxx

Anonymous said...

Emily: This is Jill Ereira and Jack and I have been in touch with your Mum and Dad again and they suggested we go to your and your sisters Blogs. I've enjoyed reading about your life today and to see photos. It's been a long 17 years since we left Midland! WE will catch up with all the interim news when we cruise with Eric and Beverly over New Year. Best wishes to you (and Steve), Jack & Jill