Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Getting the Last Laugh

Oh, sweet victory.

Remember the guy who said he had a problem with the fact that I'd been married before, even though he knew that before we went on 3 dates? (See Leave the Past in the Past) Well, he just called!

"Remember me?"

Why, yes, I do.

"Well, we haven't spoken in awhile, but I wanted to call and see how you were doing."

I'm doing really well. In fact, I recently started dating this GREAT guy...

"Oh. Gee, that's great. Well, if things change, give me a call."

Ha! You wish!

(Actually, I think I said something, like: well, thanks for calling!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I clapped and cheered!!! I bet you felt so great after that, serves the little swine right!!! (please don't go on a date with him hon)XX

Unknown said...

Isn't revenge sweet?! :D

Anonymous said...

As U. Noel said, "you never can tell before until after what's least expected most" After his earlier comments you wouldn't have expected Chris to call you again. Amazing what the hormones and the need for conquest control. (Common sense which is not really common!)

Anonymous said...

Yes,Poppa Eric, and one of my sayings is"Everything comes to he/she who waits"..we really should have started a book of Noels' sayings..one I really like was from Aunty Sybil..she said to me one day "I want what I want when I WANT it,NOT when I can HAVE it!!" that's my favourite one.xx

Vetmommy said...

You must be having fun w/ your new guy b/c you hardly ever update anymore!!! :-(

Anonymous said...

Yes Jenn, I reckon she is "ahem" otherwise engaged!!

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!! That's the revenge that you always think about!!

Anonymous said...

If he calls back, make sure he understands the new guy has no problems like he did. And that he really missed out, because you've decided to be really easy from now on. That'll get him. :)