Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Update to Earlier Post

The periodontist was a cold, unfeeling jerk, but I think he isolated the problem. I say he was cold and unfeeling because he didn't seem at all affected by the spontaneous tears running down my face while he poked at the affected area. I couldn't help it. It hurt SO badly. He finally pulled out this small piece of bone that he says was inside my gums. He figured it got caught between my tooth and gum and my body was trying to push it out the other side of the gum. So it had made its way halfway through and was causing much discomfort to the surrounding tissue.

He didn't think it was my bone, but more likely something I ate, and said hopefully I will heal in a couple days.

I hope so. Because if he tries that again, I'm going to insist on squeezing his testicles to let him know how much pain I'm experiencing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot that hurts. Well, it should get better soon and be gone in a week huh? Did he give you pain killer? If so, save me some :-)

Vetmommy said...

I'm so sorry Em Em. I would never do that to an animal without pain control and sedation. Even when they are under general anesthesia, I do local dental nerve blocks when I do extractions so they don't feel it when they wake up. Remember when I blocked Sabrina's mouth and she dropped her food when she came home? I thought she couldn't hold her food in her mouth because I pulled her teeth. Later she did fine, and then I knew that my nerve blocks REALLY did numb my patients, that it wasn't just wishful voodoo.

Anyway, wish I could've relieved your pain, too.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Emily I bet that hurt sooo much! I completely agree with you, the squeezing of the testicles is a must if he hurts you again! How on earth did you get bone in your gum though?

Anonymous said...

OOOoooh,Emily!! you poor soul! that made my eyes water..:o( I found out years ago that we have a 'lining'of something like bone between our teeth and jawbone..I cannot remember what the Technician called it now I think it begins with L maybe Jennifer will know..and then when we have teeth pulled some of this 'L' remains...Wisdom teeth have it under them too...just call me Dentist Norma.xx