Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Needing a Taste of Home

Since we moved around every 2-4 years growing up, I never know exactly how to answer the question "Where are you from?" Home has always been more of where my loved ones were rather than a particular city.

There were two exceptions: through the years, we always visited my mom's mom in Dallas and visited England to see my dad's family. I guess that's part of the reason I settled in Dallas, and why my heart often longs for the green hills of England.

Now with my sisters' and my blogs, I get to read comments from my Auntie Norma and cousin Paula almost daily. And I have a new blog-friend, Hannah, who writes about her dating travails in the UK. Just reading the way they write, the phrases and words they use, reminds me of England.

I've decided it's time to go back! Unlike the French, I truly enjoy British food, and I'm looking forward to some of my favorites, like a proper English breakfast, fish & chips, a Ploughman's lunch...

I'm planning on going in early November. Auntie Norma and Paula, I want to see you both! I don't have your email addresses (our email system crashed at work a few weeks ago and I lost my contact list), and I don't want to post my email address here. Could you each write me and let me know what your schedules are for November? If you don't have my email address, maybe you could write to my dad?

See you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily!!! That's fantastic I can't wait to see you, I am so excited!!! You can get to see Richard and Luke - how great is that!!! I'm going to email your dad right now!!! XXX

Unknown said...

Oooooooh Yay!! Have LOADS and LOADS of fun! If you need ideas and stuff of what to see and where to go, drop me a mail! :D

Anonymous said...

HURRAH!!! I did wonder why I had not heard from you,Em...have you worn the blue dress that has been on T.V? know the one I mean? :o) Looking forward to seeing you.xx