Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Keeping the Audience in Mind

Well, I did it. I told Steve about my blog. He read the entries I wrote about him and ALL THE HISTORY. Said his favorite was Pet Peeves.

He's the first guy I've dated that I've told about the blog, mostly because I've made fun of the other guys and they didn't last long enough to let them know about my closet writer. I'm touched that he read it all, that he found it interesting enough to keep going and that he's interested in me to learn about me through my blog. But now, of course, I have to be careful what I write!

Not that there's anything bad to write. Things are moving along nicely. We are enjoying each other's company and have spent time both going out and staying in. But as my fellow bloggers will understand, you have to keep your audience in mind when venting.

For example, my family all reads this. (Steve was a bit alarmed to learn this. "Your WHOLE family?") So I don't want to write about my parents or sisters doing things that might, possibly, if-I-wasn't-such-an-even-tempered-person, annoy me. Of course, they are such wonderful, considerate, loving people that those things don't occur often. If at all. Right, family? (desperate attempt to get you all to comment)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pleased it's all going so very well Emily. Are you going to post any photos? Also, I think you are so very very brave!! XX

Unknown said...

Well, I think you should have your own private blog where you write all the real stuff that you are so worried about your readers reading. Possible titles:

www.mylittlesisterisashit.blogspot.com

www.howmysisterstephaniebugsmetonoend.blogspot.com

www.doesstephreallythinkitsallabouther.blogspot.com

or even

www.theseboringmarriedpeoplehaveforgottenhowfunitistofrench.blogspot.com

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Tip's comments. Got a coupla belly laughs from them.
I can imagine how diff it is to write a blog, having to edit what you say because of your daily readers.
It's diff enough editing my few comments! I have taken out from this comment references to...............

Anonymous said...

You know Emily, Steph has got a point!! V V Funny!!!

Vetmommy said...

Ha, ha. I find it is hardest not to write inappropriate things about my work, more than my family. I suppose it is difficult for you, too. No one want to get DOOCEd.

Aginoth said...

My wholoe family reads my blog too, some people find that disturbing don't really see why.

Anonymous said...

Oh,write and be damned,Emily..as long as it's the truth who can say owt? We all love you very much so tell Steve he better be EXTRA nice to you...xx

Unknown said...

None of my family and v few of my friends know about my blog - I can be more honest in what I write that way!

You're v brave, Em... ;)