Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Taking the Plunge (Again)

I have a date tomorrow! I'm excited because it's been so long since I had one, but of course, I'm a little nervous, too.

I took the plunge back into online dating. I work online, shop online, blog online (obviously), and it just seems like it should work. It SEEMS like it would be a good way to meet people and find people with something in common. But of course, it's not that easy.

In the past, I've tried Match.com, Yahoo personals, eHarmony and Chemistry, as well as offline dating services. This time, I decided to go back to Match. It's been the longest time since I tried them, and it's popular so it should have plenty of candidates.

The guy I'm meeting tomorrow emailed me through the site, asking what I had liked best about Paris and shared his thoughts on the city -- so I knew he had travelled abroad. We've spoken on the phone a few times, and he seems very nice. The most unusual thing (to me) about him is that he owns cattle -- 80 head of cattle to be exact. I know next to nothing about cattle, but I told him I could tell him a lot about navigating the NYC subways. Other than the country-mouse/city-mouse thing, we do have things in common, and the conversation has been easy on the phone. So we'll see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooops,I have posted once but it may not reach you :( I just posted that I hope it goes well with the 'Date' :)


A.Norma.xx

jman said...

Well here's hoping that you are not described as a "pretty little heifer" or "x pounds of beef on the hoof of fabulousness" even though both are, if you leave off the bovine comparisons, true!

Anonymous said...

A rancher who travels to Paris...sounds more than a little interesting. Can't wait to hear about the date!

Emily said...

Thanks, Aunty Norma!

jman: Well, I've never been described like that before. I think I'd prefer those without the meatier parts.

Anon: yes, me too!