Monday, July 26, 2010

Online Dating

Online dating is interesting. You see some strange profiles, such as the guy who posted a college football photo of himself saying "this is me, plus 20 years." Profiles also show someone's writing skills -- or lack thereof -- but to me, it seems like a valid way to meet others who have similar interests and values...if both people are honest.

I had a date last Friday. It was so amazingly good, I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to write about it all. Plus, I'm still in the middle of getting settled and moving in, while planning a business trip for tomorrow... I don't have the internet working yet at home, so I'm in Starbucks at the moment, doing some work on my day off (grrr, but can't be avoided). I need more time to write it all out, so sorry for the foreshadowing.

Suffice it to say, for now, that I've found someone worth spending more time with. And the great thing is, he's feeling the same about me.

8 comments:

Julie said...

This is very exciting, cant wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

I really like the sound of this! Your reading public awaits with bated breath. Good luck with getting everything in order.

jman said...

Well we know one thing - he has great taste in women! And obviously discerning judgment.

If he is wearing shorts when next you meet check out his knees to see if they are bruised from excessive kneeling while thanking god for sending you his way. It's the acid test.

Small Town Girl said...

V exciting ! V nice !
Eagerly looking forwards to more on it :)

Anonymous said...

PHEW! at long last we can see a spark from our Emily..:) Lovely. :)
We'll forgive you,Em, for not enlarging too much at this moment but we do realise how busy,busy you must be..Enjoy,Sweetie. xx

A.Norma.

Unknown said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! I'm so excited to read this post.

Emily said...

Julie: It's AMAZING.

Anonymous: Thanks!

Anonymous (#2): I'm sorry for the cliffhanger, but it is a good story.

jman: He said to tell you, his knees are aching...

Small Town Girl: It is exciting! So nice to have something good to report on.

Aunty Norma: I'm so happy. (And psst: he's a Libra.) :-)

EdamameMommy: Not as happy as I am to be living it! (thanks for your support.)

Manshopping: Maybe you should come visit me in Texas...