Saturday, July 10, 2010

Austin

Just a brief post to announce I made it to Austin, and everything went according to plan with the move (so far). The movers arrived at 9:50 a.m., and everything was packed in their truck by 1:10 p.m. I cleaned the apartment and gave the keys to the new tenant and headed to JFK airport on time.

My poor cat, Sabrina, had a stressful time of it, despite the sedative, and attacked my hands a couple times when I tried petting her in her carrier bag. The plane was delayed taking off, making our time on the plane even longer. I was so anxious to get here -- both for Sabrina's sake and to see my family who was eagerly awaiting my arrival -- so that probably made it seem longer, too.

I'm exhausted and sore and only half done with the move -- I don't move into my new place until later in the month -- but I'm glad to be here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we all welcome you back!
Love, M

jman said...

New York seems pretty empty today. I guess the hole at Ground Zero isn't the only one it is feeling. Best of luck in your new endeavors!

heavenisabookstore said...

Good for you for making a tough decision. Things happen for a reason. I like your blog. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

jman, your comments are so perceptive. Hope you will continue to be a blogger friend to our Emily. The world needs more pithy writers. The M

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your successful arrival in Austin. Your readers eagerly await the description of your new home and lifestyle. Best of luck to you and Sabrina with the second half of your move.
N.

Emily said...

M: Thank you!

jman: Thanks, but NYC is so full of people, I think only a few choice NYers will even notice I'm gone.

heavenisabookstore: Thanks for reading. I'm excited about this new chapter.

M: I agree!

N: More to come...

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I had to move a couple of weeks too and the company that I used was Dallas Texas Moving Company I don't know if you used them but they are great for real... even though it says dallas they have locations everywhere trust me people they are great and quick