Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Meeting the Mystery Man

Long-time readers will be interested to learn that tonight I met the frequent commenter of my blog, Jman.

We met at a bar he recommended in Times Square, and he ordered us delicious champagne. It was great to finally put a face and learn more about the man who has left so many witty and supportive comments on my blog over the last couple years.

Although I know some were hoping he was the elusive ideal man for me, it turns out he's married, with a grown son of his own. He asked me many questions about my background, both prior to the blog and the scoop on things I've blogged about. And although I learned more about him as well, I will respect his online anonymity and not broadcast too much.

One thing I forgot to ask: what is it about my blog that he finds interesting enough to come back and keep commenting?

8 comments:

jman said...

It is a combination of your realness, a certain level of human drama without melodrama and that you are not full of yourself. Oh and that you find me funny. It's a tough audience out there!

Anonymous said...

What I would like to know is whether jman has a blog of his own (or would consider starting one)? He is obviously intelligent and witty. It would be a fun read. How about it, jman?

Anonymous said...

Oh,I am so happy that you and Jman met at last,Emily..no need for any more info. so I shan't ask..I already like the man from his honest postings to you..Well done,jman. :)


Aunty Norma.x

Anonymous said...

Awwww Shucks! I'm with Anonymous....Blog Jman?

Come on Em....Was he a cutie? Give us some details about the mystery jman

-Trisha

paula said...

Am delighted that you both managed to meet up. XXXX

Emily said...

jman: Aw, thanks!

Anonymous: I asked, but he said he doesn't have one. And as far as I know, no plans to start one.

Aunty Norma: jman asked if you were going to join this meeting and said he would buy you a drink, too!

Trisha: He was distinguished.

Paula: Me too.

Vetmommy said...

That is the perfect ending to your amazing NYC adventure! So glad you met him in person.

Now, on to the next chapter!

Anonymous said...

Oh,wow,Emily :) did Jman really ask that? how lovely of him.. did you tell him that I am in England? but one day..one day :) who knows...I know one thing about him anyway and that is he has a good sense of humour..I like that in a Person don't you? well by now you will have packed your Computer away and won't read our postings to you until you're settled in your new home, so "Happy Flitting". xx

A.Norma.

A.Norma.