Monday, August 31, 2009

Packing, Singing and Dancing

I spent the weekend doing some packing for my move next weekend, and there are boxes throughout my apartment. But I did get to enjoy some fun activities, too. On Friday, I stopped by a local pub in my neighborhood to check out their weekly karaoke scene. The rain had lessened their usual crowd, and the organizers remembered me from a previous time and invited me to sing as many songs as I wanted. I took them up on it! I sang my favorites and tried some new songs, including Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline, Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt, At Last - Etta James, and Bubbly - Colbie Caillat.

On Saturday, I met up with my new friend Never Married. We had dinner and then went to a party for a friend of hers. Her friend was only turning 28, and the party was full of twenty-somethings. We two thirty-something gals felt a little out of place, but we cracked each other up with our comments about the music being too loud (which it actually was, but we even sounded old to our own ears!). I really enjoy NM's company. We have a lot in common and she cracks me up. Since the party wasn't really our "scene," we hopped over to another place where Cuban Musician was playing. NM and I finished the night dancing salsa with some guys and enjoying sangria.

2 comments:

asian chat said...

It looks like fun is in the air during those minutes. That's life. Celebrate and fall in love when time comes.

Unknown said...

Fun! I love Colby C's voice and I always sing along. Bet you did a great job on that one.