Thursday, August 06, 2009

Dinner with FWB

When an ex calls, it's great to be in a good place, such as thinner/more fit, dating other people, etc. So when ol' Friend-with-Benefits (FWB) called and asked if we could catch up over a casual dinner, I agreed.

The one good thing about not seeing friends for months, as seems to be the norm here in NYC, is that their eyes pop open when they see me. Because there's 25 lbs less of me to see! :-)

FWB was very complimentary throughout the evening. He's not dating anyone, but that was what he wanted when we decided to stop dating. We agreed we're better off as friends, and he offered to help me move boxes later this month so I can keep the movers costs down to just the furniture.

Now if I can just find a new apartment...

4 comments:

jman said...

So I guess FWB will be friends with boxes going forward. What happened to the apt for which you filled out an application? If not too nosy what neighborhood was it in?

Vetmommy said...

That sounds like a very satisfactory resolution to that situation.

get2eric said...

Should be FFWB

2nd F is formerly?

Emily said...

jman - Yes, or Friend w/o Benefits. The first apt didn't work out. I've been looking in Tribeca, W. Village and Chelsea.

Vetmommy - It was easier than I thought it would be!

get2eric (Daddy) - FFWB works, too!