Friday, December 02, 2005

What I've Been Up To

Sorry I haven't posted since the Thanksgiving review. Monday was a whirlwind day back at the office, and I learned I would be in Chicago Tuesday and Wednesday. I already had plane tickets to Houston on Wednesday for Thursday's tea, so today is only my second day in the office this week!

Chicago was SO cold! When I got there, it was in the 30's with a bitter wind. There were a few snow flurries, but nothing on the ground. My two days of meetings went well, and Wednesday I headed to Houston, where it was a balmy 65-70.

The twins were so excited to see "Auntie Eminee!" I got lots of great hugs and kisses. Steph gave me a glass of wine, and Graham asked so sweetly for a sip, I couldn't refuse. He had a taste and replied, "Mmm! Yummy in my tummy!"

On Thursday, my mom, aunt Cinda, cousin Bevie and Steph's sister-in-law Gwynn and niece Lauren arrived. It was girl time! The twins suddenly had lots of family around to love on and play with. Once they went down for their afternoon nap, we all gathered in Stephanie's ample bathroom to get ready. Stephanie graciously fixed Bevie's, Lauren's, mom's and my hair! She's very stylish and has quite a way with hair accoutrements. We joked that she missed her calling as a hair stylist!

The tea was lovely. Held at the country club, everything was festively decorated, and there was plenty of delicious finger sandwiches, desserts and champagne. Everyone looked their finest. (Sorry I have no pictures to share. I forgot my camera, but I highjacked Steph's and took several photos.) We all commented that Jennifer was missed. The good doctor had patients to care for...

Now, it's back to reality. Crazy deadlines, clients calling to make changes at the last minute, and more work than can possibly get done in a day. (And I'm blogging. Well, I needed a break!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this post!!! Sounds like a lovely time, bet you all looked gorgeous. Hope you have a fabulous weekend XXX

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting too, and I must see the pics from Steph (or Mommy)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yes, I'd love to see the pics too XXX

Anonymous said...

me too,please Emily xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Okay, okay...I will post something tonight. I am so happily busy that it is hard to justify running off to sit in front of the computer and leave my loving guests Bev One and Bev Two sitting on the couch in the den...this is so fun.