Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Holiday Symbolism

I love all the holiday decor. Several houses on my street deck their doors, trees and bushes with lights, and I always put up my tree and a wreath on the door.

But what's the significance of the pink flamingo?

One of the houses down the street, in addition to it's red, green and white Christmas lights, has a pink flamingo in lights, complete with an orange beak.

Evergreen trees are meant to signify God's everlasting love, and lights are to signal that Christ has come as the light to the world. But the pink flamingo? I just don't know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, fun let's come up with our own interpretations. Here's one:

Jesus loves flamingo gay people too!

or how about

Even when you have no taste or class, Jesus will smile upon you and your tacky ass family.

Hee hee, I'm going to bed now.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, didn't a pink flamingo dress up as one of the three wise men and visit baby Jesus??!!

Anonymous said...

I think the flamingo is a Christmas version of the stork. And that explains how Jesus was born sans sex, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Well I think you are all wrong!! Heck! can't a Flamingo join in with the Festivities without all of us saying "Scoot"!I like them anyway..'Welcome one and all (especially Flamingoes) heehee xx

Anonymous said...

Obviously it is to signify God's love of all creatures great and small and pink plastic.

;)