Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving in Review

After four days off work, I guess I should be rested and ready to go, but instead, I SO don't feel like working today! At least it's a short week for me: I'll be going to Houston Wednesday night for Stephanie's annual Christmas tea on Thursday.

Thanksgiving was very fun and very filling. My niece and nephew, Paige and Graham, are very entertaining. They kept us all laughing and smiling throughout the weekend. It's so amazing to see each of my sisters as mothers. Steph is a great mom, very loving but also firm with the twins, and as a result, they are very well-behaved.

Our menu included:
A smoked Greenberg turkey (delicious as always, but now I'm getting sick of it)
Stuffing or Dressing recipe ala Jenn
Roast vegetables recipe ala Jenn
My great aunt Chachie's recipe for Cranberry relish
Spinach caserole
Seeduction roles
Wine from Steph and Al's collection
Pumpkin pie
Daddy's pecan pie

Last night, Steve (finally) got home from visiting his kids in New Mexico, and I made a Turkey Pot Pie with some of my leftovers. It turned out pretty good, but I really am running out of ways to convince myself to keep eating turkey!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving at your house. Thank you for hosting and providing a lovely table. It was great being with 2 of our daughters, our gracious son-in-law, Al, and our beautiful and articulate twins, Paige and Graham. The hugs and kisses were great!!! I think Daniel enjoyed himself as well. Love you, M

Unknown said...

Aw! Such cute pics! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time Emily, I think you should "bin" the bird now!! Have a fun time at Steph's Christmas Tea!! P.S. Make sure the earrings are securely fastened on to the lobes, especially around those scones!!! XXX

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Paige and Graham look so adorable in the pics...

Yes, I got a phone call yesterday from Paige....(I was taken aback...I wasn't expecting a little voice!).....she sang mom and I Jingle Bells...and ended with,"See you on Thursday!" So ADORABLE!=)

I'm lovin' this age!

Love-Bevie-

Vetmommy said...

Great photos! Wish I could've been in 2 places at once. Hey, there's always turkey enchiladas, turkey omelettes, turkey sammiches, oh! and your favorite! turkey mushroom soup! or just "bin the bird" already, like Paula advises - ha ha!