Monday, August 30, 2010

The Understudy

Sunday was my first night "in charge." It was also movie night, the weekly ritual being that the kids can watch a movie while they eat dinner. We watched Annie, and I made the chicken parm with spaghetti, croissants and avocado slices. They ate very well. My favorite part was after they finished eating. We watched the movie all snuggled together. I had bookend twins and Evie climbed on my lap. I loved it!

So today was my first full day. I'll admit I was a little nervous about it all last night and didn't sleep very well thinking about everything I needed to do. Paige & Graham are 7 and nearly self-sufficient in many ways, and Evelyn is 3. But it's still amazing to me how much energy it all takes! Once again, I have a renewed appreciation for my sisters as moms, as well as all the moms out there.

My big accomplishments today were getting three kids to three different schools on time (and without getting lost), picking them each up on time, making a healthy dinner, and getting them to bed on time with minimal distractions. It's 8:30, and I'm ready to go to bed myself!

I think the reward for today was when I tucked Evelyn into bed and she said, "I love you, Auntie Emily. I love you SOOOOO much!" :-)

5 comments:

grandad says said...

Good job. And Evie can do that to you.....

Unknown said...

We are lucky to have you around auntie em! This is awesome for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Awww,Em. you are a Jewel! no wonder they love you. :) xxx



A.Norma.

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I know 1st hand the difficulties of coordinating 3 kiddos in the morning and evening schedules. It does take planning (and a little luck!). You did great.

Vetmommy said...

I'm so glad its going well, although I am not surprised!