Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Family Time

So last Thursday, I had Vetmommy and her family over for dinner. And, to meet Fly Boy.

I rushed home from work and rapidly started preparing dinner: pasta with red sauce, turkey Italian sausage, and sauteed veggies. Jenn and her entourage arrived with fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes and basil to make a caprese salad, and Anthony opened the wine. The kids explored my new place, proclaiming it great, and when FB arrived with the bread, we all sat down for dinner. The whole evening seemed to zoom by for me with bustling activity, conversation and hostess duties (I'm always overly concerned about everything going just right), but it seemed like FB made a good impression, although Anna & Colin were a little disappointed he wasn't dressed in his police uniform.

Over the weekend, FB had his girls, and we tried out the pool at my apartment complex. It was fun, although I was on alert watching the three of them, who have varying skills at swimming and varying comfort levels with risk-taking. Remembering the time I spent with them over the weekend, the sounds I remember the most fondly are their giggles and sweet songs. Oh, and I have lots of new refridgerator artwork with dear little messages of adoration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you ,Emily, that things are going in the right direction? :)


A.Norma.xxx

Emily said...

Auntie Norma: Yes! I am so happy. It's so easy and wonderful. :-)

paula said...

Sounds perfect Em, am smiling very broadly right now XXXXX

Emily said...

Thanks, Paula. xoxo!