Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Faces

One of the big reasons for moving back to Texas was to be closer to my nieces and nephews. I am fortunate to have 5 total -- 2 living in the Austin area and 3 living in Houston.

The 2 here in Austin, Anna & Colin, visited my parents -- their grandparents -- for two weeks this month, and I caught these pictures as the joyfully returned to their parents: (sorry the first one is blurry)


And today, I got the opportunity to visit each of them at their school lunchtime, which is a quick 25-30 minutes. They were both beaming, and I got a couple snapshots. (Colin had to do one silly one in addition to a nice one.)



Tomorrow, I drive to Houston to see the other 3, and I'm going to take care of them for a few days while their parents are travelling! Should be good for some blog stories. :-)

4 comments:

grandad says said...

They are so fortunate to have an Aunt like you.

Anna and C.O. blew us away and we are missing them.

I am looking fwd to next Tuesday when we return to Houston.

See you then.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see/hear all about it. Have fun!

Vetmommy said...

Your neices and nephews LOVE you. You are a fabulous Auntie!

Emily said...

Grandad, aka Daddy: All of us in Houston are looking forward to seeing you, too!

Anonymous: It is fun, if a little more hectic than my usual single life!

Vetmommy, aka Jenn: I love them, too! Thank you.